Happy Halloween! — almost
We have TEN days left in the month and Halloween celebrations are in full swing and some already booked! We have compiled a list of some of our favorite activities in the area, family friendly and more on the scary side. We love supporting local businesses and sharing our local favorites. Which one are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned for our favorite Trick-or-Treating locations coming in our next post!
Halloween Family Fun
- Creative Discovery Museum’s Monster Bash: We love the creative discovery museum, fun for all ages and can spend the whole day or just a few hours with endless fun. Not only is it open to the public daily for play but they also host special events, for kids and adults! Halloween is no exception and this year they are hosting a family-friendly Halloween Bash! Come dressed in your Halloween best TONIGHT for an evening of exploring and fun. There will be monster-themed activities and games, and so much more. Purchase tickets tapping the link above.
- Chattanooga Zoo’s Boo in the Zoo: It wouldn’t be Halloween without Boo in the Zoo! The Chattanooga Zoo does not disappoint with family fun Friday and Saturday 4:00-8:00pm until the end of the month. Enjoy some not so scary decorations, trick-or-treat stations, scavenger hunt, costume show, and more. Be sure to purchase tickets ahead of time, you don’t want to miss it!
- Smith Perry Berries: Looking for pumpkins? Look no further than Smith Perry Berries Farm in Ooltewah, TN. Be sure to check out the link for the times they are open each day as they vary each week. There are so many activities to do here including a kid zone, gem mining, corn stalks, snacks and more. We love visiting each year and can’t wait to see what we find this year!
- The Haunted Market: We can’t have events without mentioning the Chattanooga Market. Each week there are fun themes and they of course are celebrating Halloween. Join us October 27th for the Haunted Market. This market will be family friendly with all the usual wonderful local vendors. There will also be a costume parade starting at 1:30 so come dressed in your Halloween best!
- Ruby Falls Lantern Tour Ghost Walk: Ruby Falls is a staple when visiting Chattanooga, hard to miss the billboards everywhere too! Not only do they have spectacular sites but they also have ghost walks. These are for children 12+ and you must sign up in advance as there is a limited amount of tickets available. Walk with your lantern exploring the 94-year history of Ruby Falls and discover ghost stories from the past.
- The Haunted Barn: The Haunted Barn in McDonald, TN is hosting their 29th Haunted Barn. Open every Friday and Saturday evening from 7:00pm-12:00am. Complete with a live DJ, bonfire, concessions, monsters, and of course the Haunted Barn tour, if you dare!
- Chattanooga Ghost Tours: Would you believe us if we told you Chattanooga is haunted? Don’t believe us, check out the Chattanooga Ghost Tour any night of the week starting at 8:00pm. Take a dive into Chattanooga’s rich history and the historical hauntings.
- Dread Hollow: Welcome to Dread Hollow “where dark deeds in the shadows and gruesome horrors behind closed doors feed an unquenchable yearning for blood in the tainted town.” Award winning Dread Hollow is not for the faint of heart, just check out their website! Their ideas stem from the 1600’s when a dreaded curse was placed on the town and since there have been more people missing than in any other town. Dare to enter and be sure to read all information carefully!
- The Haunted Hilltop: The Haunted Hilltop is not your average Haunted House, there is SO much to see including the dark maze, haunted hayride, the longest vortex tunnel in the south, and of course concessions. Find the Haunted Hilltop in Harrison, TN and follow them on Facebook for all the updates.